37/365

I attended the funeral of a former colleague of mine today. I had his son as a second grader in my class (he's now a freshman!). We taught together for 8 years at the most wonderful little school where we were all pretty much an extended family. As sad as the situation is, it was wonderful to see everyone. (The district closed our school 5 years ago - some of them still work together, but others of us are in other schools or districts.) The service was a great tribute to Mark, but just heart breaking at the same time. He was a huge Ohio State fan so the pastor incorporated Carmen Ohio into his message. I don't think anyone in the completely filled church made it through the service without coming to tears more than once. This has affected me more than I thought it would - I think mostly because I keep thinking about his wife + kids, then my family and what if...

My picture of the day can be seen here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry...I'm sure that was difficult. And he was so young.

    ReplyDelete